top of page
Back in the early 1940’s a group of gentlemen used to gather at the back of a store, which in those days was made of tin and whilst enjoying a few drinks came up with the idea to start the Parkes Leagues Club.
In 1954, applications were lodged & on the 27th May 1955 the Parkes Leagues club was formed. The same old tin shed founder used to have beers then became the foundations for the Parkes Leagues Club.
Over many years the club developed and expanded and in the 1970’s the Parkes Leagues Club was developed into the two-story building which you see today
The club has always been committed to supporting the Parkes Community and continues to donates in excess of $50000 each year to local sporting groups, charities and community organizations
In 2004 the club amalgamated with the Jets Sports Club located in Tempe NSW but still maintains its own identity as the Parkes Leagues Club and functions as an independent organization.
The club also proudly supports like, hockey, cricket, soccer, darts, golf, harness racing, and many more sporting organizations in Parkes
In 2010 the club renamed the club auditorium. This room is now known as the Robert Wilson Auditorium. The auditorium was renamed on behalf of the late Robert Wilson, past mayor of Parkes who in 2004 worked tireless with Mr Terry Rowney to ensure that the Parkes Leagues Club remained open and an essential part of the Parkes Community
The Club is the biggest entertainment venue in Parkes. The clubs function facilities are second to none. The club can support all types of events from small board meetings to large concerts of 600 people. There are a range of rooms available and something to suit everyone’s needs. The club is situated in the main street of Parkes and welcomes all visitors to town.
bottom of page